Create a new kind of media for those women and girls living in Africa's rural areas and transform how they receive, use, and share information.
MMW Objectives and Indicators 2017-20
1. Promote the empowerment of African women and girls by producing and distributing high-quality weekly podcasts on issues of importance to those in rural areas, including updates on the women’s rights movement within their country.
Indicators: Network growth, listener appreciation, broadcast reach.
2. Expand the broadcast reach of female journalists and enhance their professional development.
Indicator: Journalist audience size.
3. Raise the standard of public service programming.
Indicator: Number of repeat listeners.
4. Strengthen women's rights movements to create change.
Indicator: Engagement between women’s rights groups and the MMW network.
5. Enable a path for culturally sensitive women’s issues to be publicly addressed.
Indicator: Range of topics addressed includes sensitive issues such as female genital mutilation (FGM).